Underway on the first board of the year so I thought it time to update the blog...
This year my goal is produce a true daily driver, something approaching a regular board's performance and lighter that the ones I made last year.
I thought I'd try to keep the weight down by shortening up the boards (to a reasonable degree for a 90 kilo+ rider), and try to compensate for length with more width and thickness. With that in mind, I made up a template for a 6'6" diamond tail, approaching 23 inches wide and 3 inches thick. I also tried to lower the weight by using 4 mm plywood for the frame, and 10 mm planks for the skin/decks. We'll see how that goes.
Here's some pics thus far...I'm liking the way it's coming together. Once again, I'm using paulownia and western red cedar for the deck.