kako

kako
kako

Sunday, March 11, 2012

reshaping and sanding

Got some more work done on the board this week. After chambering the center of the board last weekend, I took another look at the outline, and decided that the round tail wasn't really doing it for me. Since I had left the nose and tail solid, I decided to go with a swallow tail (despite wanting to try something new). I also tapered it down with a single set of wings to keep volume in the middle, but still narrow down the tail. The pics below are from right after reshaping, and a bit of sanding. I sanded after this for a few hours, and at long last it is looking ridable. Weight now is down to 9 kilo. The arial view shows how much sawdust and wood chips are accumlating in my yard, can't wait for the grass to come up...

Surfed a couple times last week, still snow on the ground, but it warmed up to +4...I actually surfed without a hood Thursday and Friday but suffured from some serious slurpee headaches when my head went under. The shape of the waves are pretty funky at this point this year, but it was still pretty fun.






No comments:

Post a Comment