kako

kako
kako

Monday, April 30, 2012

Board Update

Long overdue for an update on the board. Finished shaping and sanding, and have applied two coats of System Three Epoxy. The colors in the fulcata jumped out more than I expected, looks pretty cool. I have since sanded it down to prepare for the System Three Spar varnish. Unfortunately, I went down to wood in a few spots and have since had to recoat with epoxy. Now just waiting for a full cure on the epoxy, maybe by Wednesday I can start with the varnish.

On a side note, the sun has come out and the waves have been good for the last four days. With all the snow running off the mountains the current at Kako (the rivermouth where I surf) has been incredible...basically full on paddling the whole time you're out just to stay in place...but some really fun waves. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment