kako

kako
kako

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Board Completed

Finished! My first wood surfboard...actually my first surfboard build of any kind.

Just put the FCS plugs in and am putting a few coats of varnish on the area around where the plugs were sanded down. It finished up at 10 kilos, a bit on the heavy side, but I guess we'll have to see how she rides. Overall, pretty satisfied with it, The MR fins really suit the shape. The finish is pretty hit and miss, next time I'll go with satin varnish instead of the gloss. There are some runs and uneven areas in the finish, but after a bit of wax and few rides I'll probably look past those.

It's been a cool experience, learned a lot, already got the wood for the next one.  

Here she is: 6'10" x 22 x 3 1/4 Green Surfboards Hokkaido (第一号)、chambered fulcata




No comments:

Post a Comment