kako

kako
kako

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Test run



Here's a couple of pics from the parking lot before my first test run (sorry, no action shots). I had no idea whether or not it would even float...must say I was pretty anxious lugging it down to the water. But, after the paddle out to the line up, I could feel it would probably work, and it did. Stroked into a few nice little ones that first morning, and have since had it out half a dozen times. Overall,  I'm quite happy with how it goes. It rides pretty well considering the weight, although you wouldn't want to get hit by the thing. It picks up speed really well down the line, and rides smaller waves decently even at a smaller length (6'10") than I usually ride. If I can get the weight down 3 or 4 kilos, I think I may never have to buy a board again. Unbelievable feeling making something like this and riding it...

No comments:

Post a Comment