kako

kako
kako

Monday, August 19, 2013

Getting there...and summer surf

I'm finally getting there with the SUP. I've finished the top coat, now I just need to sand that smooth, and apply a clear acrylic finish coat. Of course, then I need to put in the vent. The paddle needs a couple more coats of epoxy, then sanding and the final clear coat. Here are some pics as she sits at the moment. Can't wait to take her for a ride...hope she floats me.


Pretty well every morning of the year I park my car, walk down along this river to the Horobetsu River rivermouth (kako), and the closer I get to the end the more complete the picture is of that day's surf.  Here's a step-by-step look at this morning's set-up...nice little waist-high lefts you could take right across, with the occasional bigger set. It is, quite simply, summer bliss. Yesterday, it was much the same with only me and a buddy out. There's no place I'd rather be when it's like this...


No comments:

Post a Comment