kako

kako
kako

Monday, August 5, 2013

SUP update

The SUP is coming along. I'm now laying up the deck pieces and fitting things together. I've put a few foam blocks under where the fins will be, and across the middle where I'll be standing. I hope they provide more contact and glue points for the deck and keep things firm in the middle.


The paddle has taken shape. It needs a bit more sanding and shaping of the handle, but it looks alright. I read that the blade should be at about a 15 degree angle, but I only managed 11 or 12...oh well, shouldn't make that big of difference for puttering around and catching small waves. I'm not sure what the glassing the schedule should be, I'll go heavy on the blade and see how that goes...if I could only get my hands on some carbon that would be the way to go.

I'll update again when the deck is done and I clean things up a bit...


No comments:

Post a Comment